During the summer, Fletcher Bay Winery expands to double its size, and that’s not just in outdoor space. In fact, the downtown location, less than half a mile from the ferry, adds a whole floor to the mix with a stunning rooftop patio. You’ll find one of the best views in the downtown area, live music, a fresh-shucked oyster pop-up, and charcuterie and cheese boards. Take the elevator up and find a cozy spot in the fresh air—a beautiful spot for a flight of the Fletcher Bay Winery lineup.
Fletcher Bay Winery, a beloved family-owned and operated spot on Bainbridge Island, officially opened its doors in 2012. The flagship location houses a winery and barrelling facility where you can often find the winemakers themselves, who are always happy to talk about their craft. The building has an open and airy industrial style, with a cozy upstairs loft perfect for casual seating and family-friendly activities. If you prefer the outdoors, tables are available on an enclosed patio with heaters and a fire pit, making it the perfect spot for year-round wine tasting.
This is just one of the fantastic wineries on Bainbridge Island, and for those with wine tasting in mind during their vacation, there’s no better place to stay than our downtown Bainbridge Island Hotel. Our space is intimate and private, with only seven beautifully appointed lodging options. We offer an array of accommodations ideal for romantic getaways, solo retreats, or vacations with friends and family. We’re also within walking distance of all the best things to do in Winslow (including many tasting rooms!). Check out our summer availability and book your room today!
Fletcher Bay Winery & More Amazing Bainbridge Island Wineries
Wine tasting on Bainbridge Island is such a treat! With elegant downtown tasting rooms, rustic and industrial wineries, and touring the local island vineyards, you could easily spend a few days exploring the island one sip at a time. While Fletcher Bay Winery is a favorite, you can’t go wrong at any of these ten places for wine tasting on Bainbridge Island.
- Fletcher Bay Winery: These award-winning Fletcher Bay Winery grapes are sourced from the Yakima Valley and Walla Walla. You’ll find a selection of crisp and clean whites, big red blends, and delicate Bordeaux varietals. There are two locations for wine tasting on Bainbridge Island.
- Eagle Harbor Wine Company: These locally made wines come from grapes in some of the best Washington AVAs in Walla Walla and the Red Mountains. Visit their brand new downtown location, right on Winslow Way, for flights of their small-batch dry whites and bold old-world reds.
- Eleven: You’ll find two tasting locations for these fantastic Washington wines featuring delicate whites and earthy reds. The downtown tasting room is within walking distance of our Bainbridge Island Hotel. If you’re out on the Northend of the island, their spacious and rustic warehouse space is great for a flight, and they often host live music.
- Bainbridge Vineyards: Many of our local wineries source their grapes from other areas of the state, but not this establishment! They have seven acres of vines, planted in 1977, and winemakers complete the entire process on-site.
- Rolling Bay Winery: This winery is a quick drive from downtown, where you’ll find artisan, small-batch wines. Tables are surrounded by barrels at their intimate tasting room, located out on the part of the island called Rolling Bay. Pop over to Bay Hay and Feed and check out one of the most charming farm stores or make a reservation at Via Rosa for authentic Italian pizza.
- Perennial Vintners: This is the other Bainbridge island winery using island-grown grapes, planted in 2003. They specialize in floral, delicate wines that thrive in this cool Northwest climate.
- Amelia Wynn Winery: Make a dinner reservation at this winery and bistro in downtown Winslow for a feast of Iberian Peninsula-inspired bites and pairings with their award-winning wines.
- Luna Cellars: This cozy wine bar in located in the local movie theater building, which serves as a gathering space. Head here for wine tastings, small plates, and welcoming service.
- Vintage Wine Bar at Harbor Square: You’ll find a lovely selection of bottles from around the globe here (including Fletcher Bay Winery) at this wine shop/comic book store. There’s an eclectic mix of collectibles and incredible finds.
- Earth & Vine Wine Bar: There’s a small community on the Southend of the island with a few restaurants, bakeries, and a historic movie theater. Pop into this wine bar at the Marketplace for a fantastic glass of wine on the outdoor patio. They may even feature a bottle from Fletcher Bay Winery!
The Most Elegant Bainbridge Island Hotel for a Getaway
Whether you only get to explore Fletcher Bay Winery or hit all of these spots on the list (over an extended vacation, of course!), wine tasting on Bainbridge Island is a lovely addition to any getaway. With our Bainbridge Island hotel as your home base, you’ll be refreshed and ready to take on whatever your trip has in store! If wine tasting on Bainbridge Island isn’t a part of your plan, not to worry, there are hiking, shopping, and dining opportunities to check out as well.
Our Inn is off a quiet street with an interior courtyard available for morning coffee (delivered fresh from our neighboring coffee shop, Pegasus) or a glass of wine in the evening, perhaps a bottle from Fletcher Bay Winery? Our guests love spending time here in the shade of an umbrella and with views of Eagle Harbor in the distance. Inside, our luxurious guest rooms and townhouses offer clean and beautifully-designed spaces for relaxation and connecting with loved ones.
One of the best elements about a trip to our small island community is how you get here! Riding the ferry, connecting multiple islands in the Sound and beyond, is a beautiful way to take in the stunning Northwest scenery. There’s something exceptional about the view from the ferry, the Seattle skyline in the rearview, Mount Rainier on a clear day, and our secluded, forested island as your destination. Join us on the island and reserve your lodging today!