One of the best things to do on vacation is to sit back, relax, and enjoy a nice, cold adult beverage. There is a long list of great places to grab a drink on the island, and one of our favorites is Bainbridge Brewing, just a few steps from the ferry, with indoor and outdoor seating options. The second location, where the beer magic happens, is about ten minutes from the ferry at Coppertop Park. This small island hub is also home to Bainbridge Island Distillers, a great place to taste some locally made spirits.
Brewmaster and co-owner of Bainbridge Brewing, Russel Everett, grew up on the island and was an avid homebrewer before establishing the brewery. Everett and his Dad, along with co-owner Rob Frease, opened Bainbridge Brewing in 2012, and it’s still the only certified brewery operating on the island. They have a great list of flagship beers year-round and bulk up the tap list seasonally with experimental series, barrel-aged ales, porters, and hazy IPAs. There are northwest-inspired nibbles, which all pair perfectly with a refreshing ale.
Bainbridge Brewing is just one of the many locally owned establishments that you should add to your list while visiting the island. Better yet, when you choose to make a longer weekend getaway or extended vacation, you can stay at one of the best hotels on Bainbridge Island, just a few minutes from the ferry. Our petit Hotel has five individual guest rooms and two custom townhouses surrounding our garden courtyard. Each room is equipped with high-end luxury amenities, comfortable beds with fine linens, and pristine en suite bathrooms. You’ll be able to park your car (free parking for Inn guests) and explore Bainbridge on foot. Check out our upcoming availability and book your lodging today!
Stop By Bainbridge Brewing & More Bars, Wineries, and Distilleries
From freshly tapped kegs at Bainbridge Brewing to locally made wine flights at Fletcher Bay Winery, there’s no shortage of great establishments to grab an adult beverage on the island. Craft cocktail lovers will be satiated, too, as the island has recently welcomed new restaurant concepts offering guests a range of selections.
Here are the top ten places to grab a drink on Bainbridge Island:
- Bainbridge Brewing: As a guest at our hotel on Bainbridge Island, head out on foot down Winslow Way to the Bainbridge Brewing Alehouse location. You’ll find great comfortable seating indoors, as well as a large patio with tables and umbrellas. Order a pint of one of Bainbridge Brewing’s flagship ales and sit back and relax.
- Fletcher Bay Winery: Just next door to Bainbridge Brewing Alehouse, this local winery spans two floors, their street-level wine bar and the seasonal rooftop bar for flights and share plates with a stunning view.
- The Harbor Pub: About a block from our outdoor courtyard, the Harbor Pub has been an island staple for decades. Find one of the coveted outdoor patio seats looking out on Eagle Harbor and the marina.
- Cafe Hitchcock: This is the spot for those who prefer a craft cocktail! The modern menu showcases the latest trends in mixology with festive options like a frozen slushie drink machine and fun-themed nights with a live DJ.
- The Islander: Park whiskey bar, part steakhouse; some say this bar and restaurant is one of the island’s best-kept secrets. If you’re a night owl, this stop often stays open the latest of all the Bainbridge establishments.
- Eagle Harbor Winery: Another great island winery, there are two locations to visit during your stay. One is a tasting room down the street on Winslow Way, and the other is a quick drive to the winery facilities.
- Eleven Winery: Also just a quick jaunt from our hotel on Bainbridge Island, this cozy tasting room offers bar seating and a pretty back patio under an old tree.
- Hi-Life: You’ll find ramen and poke bowls in a converted auto body shop at this innovative counter-service restaurant. Don’t miss the Moscow mules!
- Basa: Known as one of the best Vietnamese restaurants on Bainbridge Island, the craft cocktail list is also creative and delicious—the perfect pairings for small plate appetizers.
- Bainbridge Organic Distillers: This local distillery creates craft spirits from all organic ingredients. They offer tastings at the distillery, and they happen to be right next door to the second Bainbridge Brewing location in Copper Top Park.
Stay at One of the Best Hotels on Bainbridge Island
Our charming Island community is a fantastic destination for a vacation this year. You’ll start your journey with a picturesque ferry ride across Puget Sound and dock into our little slice of paradise in the Northwest. As one of the best hotels on Bainbridge Island, we’ve welcomed thousands of guests over the years from all over the globe and helped them fall in love with our quiet location on Eagle Harbor.
Inside one of the loveliest hotels on Bainbridge Island, you’ll find a diverse array of guest room options. We have cozy hotel rooms, perfect for couples, with high-end, custom furnishings, fine linens, and en suite bathrooms. We also offer two townhouse-style suites- multi-floor units with full kitchens—ideal for groups or families traveling together. You’ll find the same luxurious appointments and Northwest-themed works of art. It’s the best place to make your home base as you explore the best the island offers! Join us; we can’t wait to welcome you to our Inn; book your room today!