Our small community likes to go big for celebrations, so there’s no lack of fun things to do on Bainbridge Island during Fall and for Halloween, in particular. The businesses along Winslow Way go all out with spooky decorations, neighborhoods outdo each other with Halloween spectacles, and the trees put on a natural show with striking autumnal colors. As you glide into the harbor on the ferry, take in the beautiful hues, and prepare for your seasonal adventure on our little island in the Puget Sound.
For those heading to experience all of the best things to do on Bainbridge Island during the Fall, the Eagle Harbor Inn is the only boutique hotel on the island. Our luxurious accommodations, excellent downtown location, and welcoming hospitality are unparalleled. Whether you’re heading to the island as a tourist for the first time or visiting with family members, our Inn has an ideal guest suite or townhome for your getaway.
Halloween Events: Things to do on Bainbridge Island
Halloween on Bainbridge Island feels like it’s made up of scenes cut from the cult-classic Hocus Pocus, a small-town celebration with jack-o-lanterns and skeletons, smiling kids, bags of candy, and costumes galore. Just without the trio of cursed witches.
Here are our favorite things to do on Bainbridge Island this Fall:
- Suyatsuma Farm’s Pumpkin Patch: One of the best annual things to do on Bainbridge Island is hit the pumpkin patch at our local farm. Stroll through the fields bursting with gourds, send the kids to navigate the tot-sized corn maze, and hop on a tractor for a hay ride.
- Bainbridge Garden’s Pumpkin Walk: As a long-time nursery on the island, this local business creates a community pumpkin walk on their property each year. Kids and adults alike can add their painted pumpkins to the mix. Take a leisurely stroll through the woods and check out these creative and spooky Halloween globes.
- Downtown Halloween Celebration: Of course, one of the best things to do on Bainbridge Island is head to downtown Winslow Way for trick or treating. The main drag will be closed off to car traffic as the local kids show off their costumes and grab handfuls of candy from the local businesses. Enjoy live music, free ice cream at Emma & Otto’s, apple cider, and small-town camaraderie for a fantastic holiday!
- Downtown Bainbridge Wineries: While enjoying the Halloween festivities, pop into one of the many tasting rooms from local Washington wineries on Winslow Way. Many offer outdoor seating areas to view the fun with a wine glass in hand.
Other Great Things to do on Bainbridge Island this Fall:
- Fall Colors at Bloedel Reserve: As one of the most popular attractions on Bainbridge Island, this stunning 150-acre garden woodland has a lovely walking trail and landmarks to explore. During the Fall, Bloedel is perfect for a morning stroll with the trees awash in autumnal hues.
- Hike in the misty Grand Forest: Walk through the lush firs, cedars, maples, and giant conifers on maintained trails for an immersive Northwest hike. You’ll pass locals with dogs on leashes, kids on bikes, and groups out soaking up the fresh fall air.
- First Friday’s Art Walk: Every first Friday of the month, downtown Winslow turns into a bustling arts center. Sponsored by the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art, start there and head down the main street to check out the local galleries, boutiques, and restaurants.
- Harvest at the Farmer’s Market: Our open-air Saturday Farmer’s Market, from April to November, is always one of the best things to do on Bainbridge Island during your visit. Fall brings beautiful harvest produce, flowers, and locally made goods.
The Only Boutique Hotel on Bainbridge Island
Whatever your island adventure entails, our luxurious accommodations at the Eagle Harbor Inn will be here, welcoming you upon your return. We offer a range of accommodations, from traditional hotel rooms and suites to upscale townhomes, each artfully designed to reflect both the beauty and heritage of the Pacific Northwest. Enjoy our lush garden courtyard, a beautiful place to soak up the peace and quiet of the island during the Fall.
Each morning, we serve a delicious cup of Pegasus Coffee, which is brewed right across the street at the oldest cafe on the island, which also happens to be a fantastic place to grab breakfast. There’s also an excellent selection of choices nearby within walking distance. Bonus: guests also have complimentary access to gym and health club services at Island Fitness—included with your room rate.
We’ve curated the Eagle Harbor Inn to be your home away from home while exploring all of the best things to do on Bainbridge Island, and we hope you come to visit us every Fall. Book your next stay today!