There’s no shortage of fantastic Bainbridge Island restaurants to choose from in the charming downtown area of Winslow. Better yet, these downtown restaurants and cafes are within walking distance of the ferry and our premier boutique hotel. The bounty of the northwest shines on the menus at these Bainbridge Island restaurants with fresh meats and seafood, locally farmed produce, and scratch-made products.
While Seattle is just a 35-minute ferry ride from Bainbridge Island, once you’ve checked into our petit hotel, you’ll have an amazing selection of lively eateries, casual pubs, and international choices within walking distance. We provide free parking, so you can leave your car and easily set out on foot. Just steps from our door, you’ll find a wide variety of cuisine, dining settings, and world-class Washington wine lists.
Your stay at Eagle Harbor Inn makes dining out around town a pleasure with no car needed. Part of the adventure is choosing a new Bainbridge Island restaurant to try each day and night of your stay. One of the best ways to fully appreciate the northwest is indulging in our regional specialties, which you’ll find in abundance on Bainbridge. Reserve your elegant guest suite or stylish townhouse at the only boutique hotel on the island today!
The Best Bainbridge Island Restaurants
Bainbridge Island is a chef’s dream! This quiet island nestled in the Puget Sound has attracted talented chefs—from not only Seattle—but around the globe. You’ll dine in style with this beautiful northwest island setting as the backdrop while savoring farm-fresh ingredients in flavorful and creative dishes.
Here are our top ten Bainbridge Island Restaurants to check out this year:
- Agate Restaurant: An extensive wine list, craft cocktails, and new modern American cuisine are the focus at this Bainbridge Island restaurant. Just steps from the ferry, you’ll want to make a reservation for a romantic dinner for two here.
- Streamliner Diner: An island staple for more than 30 years, this classic diner does not disappoint. Fluffy pancakes, omelets, and housemade muffins are always fresh and perfectly paired with piping hot coffee.
- Restaurant Marche: For an elegant French-American meal, head to this cozy space off a small side street in downtown Winslow. Hearty entrees of salmon and steak Frites are always a crowd-pleaser.
- Bruciato: It’s all about thin-crust wood-fired pizza at this local Italian eatery. However, the roasted vegetable starters and fresh salads are a hit too!
- Ba Sa: Head here for traditional Vietnamese dishes like Pho, curry chicken, and Bahn mi sandwiches. The team here just started serving brunch again, so be sure to check it out.
- Proper Fish: For a casual lunch of perfectly crisp fish and chips (served on newsprint!), this is one of the best Bainbridge Island restaurants.
- Dock’s Marina Grill: Be sure to find a spot on the open-air back patio space for lovely marina views, housemade clam chowder, grilled salmon caesars, and hearty burgers and fries.
- Harbor Pub: Head to this English pub for traditional casual fare made with local farm-fresh ingredients. The view of the water is stunning and the perfect place to enjoy a pint.
- Islander: It’s all about steak and whiskey at this local eatery. This spot is just a quick walk from our Inn and is one of the only Bainbridge Island restaurants that keep later hours. You’ll often see the locals in for a nightcap at the bar.
- Subi: For the best sushi on the island, this longtime Japanese restaurant is a great place to grab takeout to enjoy back in the privacy of your own room at the Inn!
Beautiful Bainbridge Island Lodging in Winslow
With all these spectacular choices, you could experience different Bainbridge Island restaurants for every meal of your stay! Eagle Harbor Inn has the perfect central location for savoring the creative and flavorful cuisine on the island. After a restful night’s sleep, pop over to our favorite coffee shop Pegasus for a latte and a treat. Stroll along the waterfront path through the marina and take in the stunning sailboats on the water.
As a guest at our boutique hotel, either in our cozy rooms or spacious townhomes, you’ll feel a sense of relaxation wash over you; it’s just a feeling that exudes from every corner of this beautiful space. We can’t wait to host you at our intimate hotel in the heart of Bainbridge Island. Start planning your tour of our fabulous Bainbridge Island restaurants and book today!