Just a quick 35-minute ferry ride from Seattle, you’ll find some of the best dining options in the Northwest. From farm-to-table menus and casual cafes to elegant seafood feasts and tasty pub grub, these Bainbridge Island Restaurants do not disappoint. As of late, many of the island’s long-time restaurants have changed ownership, which often brings new life and energy to menus, service staff, and spaces.
If you’ve been meaning to check out the dining scene of Bainbridge, now is the time! Our little island transforms in the summer months with long ferry wait times and crowds in downtown Winslow, while winter and early spring is the sleepy season, where you’ll bump elbows with locals and rarely see a line form around town. For those of us craving a weekend getaway, our petit Bainbridge Island hotel is one of the best places to stay. You’ll be within walking distance of many of the Bainbridge Island restaurants and so much more.
The 10 Best Bainbridge Island Restaurants for 2023
The Northwest is known for its abundant produce, fresh seafood, and creative culinary talents—all of which you’ll find at these fantastic Bainbridge Island restaurants.
- Agate Restaurant: Perhaps thought of as the island’s go-to celebration space, yes, Agate may be considered fine dining, but it also offers a casual elegance fit for a Tuesday night dinner. Beautifully plated scallop dishes, perfectly grilled steaks, and creative flavor combinations—it only takes one bite to know that Chef/Owner Paul Mancebo trained at the famed Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY.
- Heyday Farms: For a quintessential Pacific Northwest dining experience, this 25-acre farm offers dinner service on Thursday and Friday nights only. Make a reservation for one of their communal tables or book a small room upstairs in the farmhouse for private meals.
- Seabird: Recently named as one of Esquire‘s “Best New Restaurants in America 2022,” the newest seafood-focused addition to Brendan McGill’s Bainbridge Island restaurants group has made quite a splash. Executive Chef Grant Rico is all about highlighting interesting ingredients from the waters of Puget Sound and beyond.
- Restaurant Marché: This stalwart fine-dining restaurant leans French with Northwest ingredients. Don’t miss the weekly dinner specials, often including comfort dishes like organic fried chicken, wood-fired Alaskan halibut, and braised short ribs.
- Ba Sa Restaurant: More than just a restaurant to the Nguyen family, this location is a legacy of culture passed down through generations. The brother and sister team creates beautiful Vietnamese dishes with French techniques and fresh Pacific Northwest ingredients.
- Bruciato: If you’re in the mood for pizza, this airy converted hardware store is the perfect location for a wood-fired oven and long bar top stocked with Amari and grappas. This is one of the best Bainbridge Island restaurants to grab a meal to go.
- Via Rosa 11: While this restaurant might be laid-back counter service style, there’s nothing casual about the handmade pasta, flavorful sauces, and wood-fired pizza. They’ve also been voted the best of the Bainbridge Island restaurants for Italian fare three years running!
- The Treehouse Cafe: Recently under new ownership, the Treehouse Cafe is a lovely gathering place for guests of all ages. Grab a pizza, play a game of pool or darts, and enjoy a local beer.
- Amelia Wynn Winery Bistro: You’ll find wine flights paired with a tapas-style menu of sharable and entrees with international flavors and creative preparations. Every Wednesday, it’s 30% off all bottles of wine!
- Proper Fish: This casual counter spot is serving British-style fish and chips (on the newspaper and everything!) with other fried options and a lobster roll you won’t want to miss.
One of the Best Bainbridge Island Hotels for your Trip
There aren’t very many lodging options to choose from here, and our Bainbridge Island Hotel happens to be the only boutique hotel in downtown Winslow. We’re the ideal location for those visiting from the ferry, as we’re close to all of the best Bainbridge Island restaurants, charming shops, and waterfront parks. Inside our cozy Inn, we offer five beautifully appointed guest rooms, as well as two luxury townhouses with all the perks.
Our Bainbridge Island Hotel offers an open-air central courtyard connecting all our lodging accommodations. The landscaped area is a lovely space for a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. Depending on the room or townhouse you choose, you’ll be surrounded by elegant furnishing, comfortable seating areas and beds, and high-end amenities. We often find that your first visit to Bainbridge Island is rarely your last!