Sipping a flight at a Bainbridge Island Winery makes any trip to the charming island even sweeter. With Valentine’s Day coming up a romantic escape across the Puget Sound is the perfect couples getaway. Feel your stress melt away as the lovely island comes into view on your relaxing ferry ride. Bainbridge Island offers couples the ideal romantic vacation. The charming downtown is lined with excellent restaurants, an amazing art museum, galleries, and locally-owned shops. This small island is also home to 7 wineries, many with tasting rooms in the walkable town center. It’s hard to choose which Bainbridge Island Winery to try first. However many offer fun events to enhance a romantic evening out.
During the Valentine’s Day weekend, stop by a Bainbridge Island Winery participating in the Wine & Chocolate event. Savor perfectly paired wines with the most delicious, rich chocolate treats. For even more treats with your wine, Eleven Winery is hosting a cookie decorating class in February as well. The same Bainbridge Island Winery also adds great live music to a wonderful wine tasting. Visit the Eleven Winery any Saturday for folk, rock, and jazz music. In fact, the Bainbridge Island Winery community hosts wonderful special events all year. So, If you can’t make the trip to our magical island in February visit another time for the other Wine on the Rock events.
Enhance your romantic retreat to Bainbridge Island with a luxurious stay at the classy Eagle Harbor Inn. Our boutique hotel offers a tranquil stay that’s walking distance from the ferry, great restaurants, and wine tasting rooms. Choose from 5 perfectly-appointed rooms and suites or 2 stunning townhomes, all overlooking a garden-filled courtyard and scenic Eagle Harbor. Reserve your romantic escape to Bainbridge Island today.
Pick a Favorite Bainbridge Island Winery from the 7 Great Choices
Walk into any Bainbridge Island Winery and the friendly staff greets you with a smile, ready to guide you through the tasting menu. We’re lucky to have 7 fine wineries on our quaint island, all serving outstanding wines in inviting tasting rooms. Find your new favorite while vacationing on Bainbridge Island:
- Amelia Wynn Winery -This Bainbridge Island Winery not only has a comfortable tasting room, it’s also a bistro serving satisfying dishes. During the Winslow First Friday Art Walk register for their creative Bottle & Brush event that combines works of art, light appetizers and wine tastings.
- Bainbridge Vineyards – A short drive to the north end of the island find this winery and tasting room on 7 idyllic acres of historic farmland. The lovely setting is part of the original Suyematsu family farm, founded in 1928.
- Eagle Harbor Wine Co. – Stop by this Bainbridge Island Winery’s downtown tasting room location or their new larger space. It’s just a short drive or longer stroll from the town center. During the summer months, they take advantage of their outdoor seating and host live music.
- Eleven Winery -Their cozy tasting room is an easy stroll from the ferry docks and always seems filled with happy customers. The winery and larger tasting room a short drive north also hosts live music, LGBTQ community social nights, and even open mic nights.
- Fletcher Bay Winery – As soon as you walk up to Winslow Way from the ferry boat, you’ll see this Bainbridge Island Winery’s tasting room through its large windows. They also have another fun location in the middle of the island, near the local brewery and distillery.
- Perennial Vintners – This micro, family-run winery offers tours and tastings, just be sure to call ahead to let them know you’re visiting. The friendly owners would love to show you around and talk about their wines.
- Rolling Bay – This artisan winery offers an intimate wine tasting experience located in the lovely Rolling Bay neighborhood of Bainbridge Island.
Picking a favorite Bainbridge Island WInery might be difficult but it’s also a fun way to spend a weekend or week away. Great wine, romantic restaurants, and long strolls through a quaint downtown, what else is needed for a couples escape? Surprise your loved one with a magical island getaway, Pacific Northwest style, and book your elegant room, suite or townhouse at the Eagle Harbor Inn.