The Bainbridge Island shopping choices offer up unique gift ideas for your holiday lists. Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift for a loved one or a distinctive present for a party, you’ll find a great selection at our charming stores. Take a relaxing ferry ride away from the busy Seattle streets and the big chain stores. Bainbridge Island shopping is a more personal experience with privately owned and operated shops. You’ll want to slow down and explore every quaint boutique, gallery and wine tasting room. Make your holiday shopping an experience you’ll enjoy as much as surprising your loved one with the ideal gift. Take the short journey across Puget Sound and enjoy Bainbridge Island shopping this holiday season.
Make your Bainbridge Island shopping trip a romantic getaway as well. The beautiful Eagle Harbor Inn offers an elegant “petit hotel” experience in the heart of downtown Bainbridge Island. Reserve your luxurious townhome, suite and perfectly appointed guest room for an unforgettable island escape just minutes from Seattle.
9 Unique Bainbridge Island Shopping Experiences
Looking for that perfect unusual gift or a new idea for a special person on your holiday gift list? Find one of a kind gift ideas while enjoying charming Bainbridge Island shopping. This small town has a store for every interest:
- Gifts for Artists and Art Lovers: A Bainbridge Island shopping experience includes a wealth of amazing art galleries with pieces to fit any budget and taste. After strolling through the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art’s latest exhibit, check out their gift shop. They carry handmade books, jewelry, toys, and cards from regional artists. Bainbridge Island Arts and Crafts (now called The Art Project), the Winslow Art Center Gallery, and The Island Art Gallery all display talented local artists that work in a variety of mediums. While Roby King Gallery, Kelly Johnston Art Studio and Gallery, and Jeffrey Moose Gallery are the places to find beautiful paintings. Stunning fine art photography can be found at Bergh Images and Steven Fey Photography Gallery. Find the perfect gift for the artist on your list at Little Island Crafts.
- Boutique Clothing Shops: Women’s clothing and accessories in all styles can be found at Heart, Covet, Sweet Deal, and Petit & Olson. Skookum Clothing carries high quality women’s and children’s clothing and Lollipops Children Boutique has even more choices for babies to teens. Ethically sourced men and women’s clothing choices are offered at SHift. While Tango Zulu Fair Trade carries jewelry and bath products, in addition to clothing. The Traveler has books, maps, luggage, accessories and clothing for those always on the move. While Wildernest will have the perfect gift for the outdoorsy person on your holiday list.
- Special Jewelry Designs: Adorn began as a studio for a local jewelry designer and has expanded to carrying artisan apparel, handbags, and home goods. The custom pieces at Alina Korotkina Exquisite Fine Jewelry will dazzle your loved one this holiday. While the stunning exclusive designs from Castellano Fine Jewelry include sparkling fine gemstones and non-conflict diamonds.
- Gifts with a Pacific Northwest Flare: Danger, Millstream, and Plum carry jewelry, art, and home decor items inspired by the beauty of the region. Fill your gift bags with the fragrance of Pelindaba Lavender handcrafted organic lavender products. The Pacific Northwest coastal aesthetic inspires all the pantry goods and beautifully made homeware gifts at Salt House Mercantile and Dana’s Showhouse.
- Treasures found at Antiques and Thrift Shops: Search for hidden treasure at Meli Melo Island Vintage Boutique, the Closet Transfer, and Seattle Children’s Hospital Bargain Boutique. You never know what you might find browsing the antiques and estate sale items.
- Gifts for Your Furry Friends: B.I. Barkery and Z Bones Pet Mercantile have everything needed to keep your pets and pet lovers happy this holiday. Find unique pet toys, apparel, treats, food and other accessories at these boutique shops.
- Gifts for Cozy Winter Nights: No Bainbridge Island shopping trip is complete without a visit to our wonderful independent bookstore, Eagle Harbor Book Co.. Knitting fanatics will love the superior supplies found at the charming Churchmouse Yarns & Teas. Perhaps find some self-care products at the Willowtree Market health and wellness store. Flip through the vintage vinyl at the Backstreet Beat shop that also carries used books and CDs. What would the holidays be without yummy treats, and The Berry Patch Kitchen Store has everything the chef or bakers on your gift list desires.
- Young at Heart: Bainbridge Island shopping also includes the childhood magic of a good old fashioned toy and candy store. Calico Toy Shoppe carries fun toys, arts and crafts, board and card games. While Bon Bon Confections carries their own “Bainbridge Island Fudge” in addition to classic and holiday themed treats.
- Local Wines: Bainbridge Island’s small town center is lucky enough to have five local winery tasting rooms. Your holiday party hosts will love a hand selected bottle of excellent Washington wine. Mix art and wine at the Amelia Wynn Tasting Room & Armstrong Gallery. Sample the award winning, small batch, dry white and red wines at Eagle Harbor Co.. It’s always hopping at the locally owned Eleven Winery tasting room. While Fletcher Bay Winery sunny space also offers small bites with their wine flights. The staff at Vintage Wine & Collectibles will help you hand pick the wines of the region.
Find the best gift for that special person on your list this holiday season and enjoy the charm of Bainbridge Island shopping. Make your gift shopping fun and plan a Pacific Northwest island escape to beautiful Bainbridge Island. Book your romantic getaway to the elegant Eagle Harbor Inn, that’s a lovely ferry ride from Seattle.