In a recent article in the Huffington Post, popular travel writer Richard Bangs listed his picks for Best Hotel in the World, Fall 2017. Our Inn was included on his list, which has been a tremendous honor for our Inn, and one we think reflects the amount of effort that occurs behind the scenes to make your stay with us nothing but the best. The article does a wonderful job describing the architecture and amenities offered at the Eagle Harbor Inn, but we think there’s another wonderful reason to stay at the Eagle Harbor Petit Hotel on Bainbridge Island. We are the only walkable hotel that allows you to fully explore Winslow, the charming heart of Bainbridge Island! From here, you can find most things you want to see and on Bainbridge by foot, and for the rest you can rent bikes or utilize public transportation. Come see why Bainbridge Island is such a popular getaway destination. Book a room at our Bed and Breakfast today.
A Walkable Hotel in Winslow
Bainbridge is a destination epitomized by relaxation and luxury; a small bedroom community that prides itself on its close-knit community and small town charm. Spend your days browsing the local shops on Winslow Way, walking the Waterfront Trail, visiting our world-class art galleries and museums, and enjoy dining at what have been considered some of Seattle’s top restaurants. It’s all within an easy walk from our Bed and Breakfast, making us the best, and only, choice when it comes to walkability. Here are just a few things you’ll find in downtown Winslow worth exploring:
- Bainbridge Island Art Museum, 0.4 miles
- Wine Tasting rooms for Eleven Winery & Eagle Harbor Wine Company, and Amelia Wynn Winery at Island Tasting Room Gallery Cafe, 0.2 – 0.3 miles
- The Art Project art gallery (formerly Bainbridge Arts and Crafts), 0.2 miles
- Boutique shops such as Danger, Dana’s Showroom, Petit and Olsen, Sweet Deal Clothing, Salt House Mercantile, and so many more, 0.1 – 0.3 miles
- Bainbridge Island’s independent Bookstore, Eagle Harbor Book Company, 0.2 miles
- Delicious restaurants like Hitchcock, Bruciato, Harbor Public House, and Cafe Nola, 0.1 – 0.2 miles
- The Waterfront Trail, the perfect way to enjoy Bainbridge Island’s picturesque Eagle Harbor.
- Bainbridge Performing Arts, home to a wonderful variety of plays and performances each year, 0.2 miles
Getting to Bainbridge by foot is easy, via the Washington State Ferry System. From there, why not continue your journey on foot It’s the best way to experience Bainbridge. There is only one place on Bainbridge that will give you the walkability you desire, and that is The Eagle Harbor Inn Petit Hotel. Book your room today.